How can I get involved with
Corrupt the Youth?
Universities, high schools, or students interested in starting a new chapter of Corrupt the Youth can learn more about the application process here.
Educators who would like to volunteer with Corrupt the Youth as an instructor should email the Chapter Director associated with the Chapter you intend to volunteer. All Corrupt the Youth volunteers must complete a free, two day virtual training session. Corrupt the Youth also offers trainings for Chapter Directors. More information about trainings can be found here.
starting a new chapter
- A university partner
- At least three potential high school partners
- At least 15 volunteers who have expressed interest (sample recruitment email available in the New Chapter Application)
- Someone willing and available to take on the leadership responsibilities for the chapter, including
- Chapter Director
- Chapter Assistant Director
- Faculty Advisor (associated with the university partner)
Corrupt the Youth offers free, virtual training for all Corrupt the Youth volunteers. Volunteers must be associated with an existing Chapter in order to participate in trainings.The Corrupt the Youth training is a two-day, six-hour comprehensive course that covers the following topics:
- • Lesson plan design
- • Pedagogical approaches (active learning techniques)
- • Managing classroom dynamics
All trainings are scheduled for the following time:
8:00-11:00 AM Pacific/10:00-1:00 PM Central/11:00-2:00 PM Eastern
Volunteer Training #1
Thursday, December 15 and Friday, December 16
Volunteer Training #2
Saturday, December 17 and Sunday, December 18
Volunteer Training #3
Monday, January 9 and Tuesday, January 10
Volunteer Training #4
Thursday, January 19 and Friday, January 20
Registration for Training #1 and Training #2 will open December 1.
Registration for Training #3 and Training #4 will open December 27.